Advance notice! On 18th May two annual meetings will be held at the Village Hall. Please come if you can.
At 7.30pm the Annual Parish Meeting will be held (immediately prior to our next full Council meeting). This is a different meeting to the Council meeting. Here are some answers to questions you might have:
- What is the purpose of the Annual Parish Meeting? To allow registered electors to discuss parish affairs and to pass resolutions thereon. This meeting is also an opportunity for the Parish Council and community group leaders to explain their activities over the last year… so this note is perhaps a reminder for those leaders to contribute; please call the Clerk!
- Who can attend the meeting? And can I speak? Anyone may attend but only registered electors in the parish may speak and vote.
- Who will chair the meeting? The Chairman of the Parish Council is obliged to chair the meeting if present. In his absence the vice chairman must preside if present. If neither is able to attend, then the meeting will elect a chairman from those electors present.
- Will Parish Councillors be there? Although there is no compulsion, Councillors normally attend; they will speak if required, but the purpose of the meeting is to enable the ordinary electors to have their say.
- Will notes be taken of the meeting? A written record of the meeting will be taken by the Parish Clerk to keep in a special book. The rules on the signature and admissibility of minutes are the same as those for Parish Council meetings.
- How long will the meeting last? As long as need be within reason; previously meetings in Ditchingham have lasted about 30 minutes… it really depends on those present and the number of questions and the discussions that are raised.
- Will the Press be there? If they choose! The rules for press admission are the same as any Council meeting.
- The Annual Parish Council Meeting: will follow immediately after the close of the Annual Parish meeting. This also is a special meeting, when contrasted with the other five Council meetings in the year. At the annual meeting the Council: elects the chairman and the vice chairman; makes other annual appointments [to committees and advisory working parties] and makes resolutions on other business matters such as insurances, risk management policies, etc.
- New Councillors. Subsequent to the elections (these will be held at national, district, and parish level) it is likely that the Parish Council will comprise a number of new Councillors. Details have been published because the number of nominees was less than the number of Councillors needed (11). The names of the new Councillors can be found in Jane Chadd’s letter to the Editor elsewhere in the “Parishioner.”
January 2015 Meeting Update. The Public Session included an update on a possible Village website, and a discussion on some of the difficulties experienced within the village caused by the December cycling event on Broome Heath. In the main meeting, apart from normal business the evidence supporting an application for a revised footpath on the B1332 at Hollow Hill was considered and was rejected due to lack of evidenced base business case to justify funding. The Council also determined to regularise some matters concerning allotment holder’s leases in the interest of inclusion.
March 2015 Meeting Update. The Public Session included an update on the May 2015 Elections, an update on the Good Neighbour Scheme, and received a petition supporting the B1332 footpath (discussed at January meeting). In the main meeting the Council determined to regularise some matters concerning fly-posting in the village and adopted a revised policy that clarifies advertiser’s obligations, and the course(s) of action the Council may exercise under the regulations.
Minutes. Copies of minutes are available on the Councils web site http://ditchinghampc.norfolkparishes.gov.uk/category/meetings/minutes/ are posted on the Council’s notice board (opposite the shop) for the month following the meeting, and are available by email & royal mail from the Clerk (details below).
Dates of next meetings. Full Council – 18 May 2015 7.30pm; Planning & Highways – 15 June 2015 6pm if required. Please come along. Agendas are available on the Councils web site 3 days before meetings http://ditchinghampc.norfolkparishes.gov.uk/category/meetings/agendas/ or are available by email & royal mail from the Clerk (details below).
Clerk: If you have any questions or concerns about ‘local issues’ please feel free to contact the Clerk, Sally Chapman on Tel: 07774 734411 or Email: email@example.com. Please use the voice message service clearly stating your name; phone number; and the purpose of your enquiry. We will return your call. We are here to help. And even if we are unable to help you directly, we can try and point you in the right direction!
Julian Green Chair,
Ditchingham Parish Council