Theft from motor vehicle warning:
Police in South Norfolk are urging motorists to be vigilant following a number of thefts from vehicles recently.
A number of vehicles have been broken into on the area in the last week in particular work vans were power tools are being stolen.
PC Jim Squires, said: “thieves are targeting works vans, we are finding no forced entry to the vehicles, it could be they have some sort of master key. With this in mind I would advise owners of works vans to remove valuable tools from the vehicle at night”.
I would also give the follow advice on vehicle security:
• Don’t leave anything on display in your vehicle
• Take your belongings with you when you leave the car – if you can’t, lock them in the boot before you start your journey
• Get an alarm installed
• Consider marking all your valuables that you frequently leave in your vehicle
• If you have a garage, use it. If you don’t always try and park in a well-lit open place
• Always lock your vehicle and garage
Anyone with information concerning the thefts should contact us on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.