DITCHINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Should there be changes made to Ditchingham Parish Council’s set up?
Under the South Norfolk Community Governance Review 2017 – 2018 all of the parishes in the South Norfolk district are being reviewed to consider:
- Parish areas – creating, merging, altering or abolishing parishes
- The naming of parishes and the style of new parishes
- The electoral arrangements for parishes (the ordinary year of elections; council size, the number of councillors to be elected to the council, and parish warding)
- Grouping parishes under a common parish council or de-grouping parishes
- Consequential matters – e.g. the effect on existing parishes; dealing with parish assets; resolving issues relating to employees of existing parishes; setting a precept for a new Council; setting a date for the next elections and subsequent electoral cycles.
Find out more by:
- attending the Annual Parish Council Meeting at the Village Hall on Monday 15th May 30pm
- visiting South Norfolk’s website and searching for Community Governance Review
- type this into your search engine: https://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Terms%20of%20Reference.pdf
Please let us know your views by:
- attending the Annual Parish Council Meeting at the Village Hall on Monday 15th May
- Writing to Keith Weston, 10 Hollow Hill Road or Email email@example.com
- Emailing the parish clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
The SNC consultation closes on 12th June 2017.
Please tell us if you think things are fine as they are, or about changes you would like to see.