This section describes how we work as a Parish Council
|Committee||Membership (Chair shown in bold)|
|Finance and Resources
(Decision & Advisory)
Brendon Bernard, Alf Skippen.
|Planning & Highways||Alan Larkin,
Jason Kercher, Corrine Layton.
Brendon Bernard, Charles Taylor
COMMITTEES – Terms of Reference (ToR)
Finance and Resources (DECISION) Committee
Aim: The Finance and Resources decision committee is constituted to ensure that the Council conducts its activities in a proper manner recognising all aspects of good governance and practice. Its ToR require that it considers
(i) the advice of the Finance and Resources Advisory Committee; and
(ii) that it refers upward to Full Council for decision on significant, substantial, contentious, or strategic issues.
Save as qualified above it will:
- Determine the Council’s response with regard to financial and budgetary matters
- Act on behalf of the Council with regard to all HR issues
- Recommend to Council administrative policies for adoption.
Planning and Highways Committee
Aim: The Planning & Highways decision committee is constituted to consider and respond on behalf of the Council to all matters relating to applications for planning permission and highway matters referred to Ditchingham Parish Council by local planning authorities, other agencies or the public generally. Its ToR require that it considers
(i) the advice of the Planning and Highways Advisory Committee; and
(ii) that it refers upward to full Council for decision on significant, substantial, contentious, or strategic applications or issues.
Save as qualified above it will:
- Determine the Council’s response to planning applications, amendments, and appeals
- Determine the Council’s policy and response with regard to maintenance of Highways, footpaths, street lighting and associated matters (including use and behaviours).
ADVISORY COMMITTEES – Terms of Reference (ToR)
Finances and Resources (ADVISORY) Committee
Aim: The aim of the Finances and Resources advisory committee is to oversee and advise the Council on all matters relating to:
- Financial and other risk management
- HR matters
- Policy issues.
Responsible for review, proposing action, or recommendation concerning:
- Annual budgets and monitoring of financial records
- Preparation for the setting of the annual precept
- Annual review of Councils Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- Audit and Governance, and the report of the auditor
- Administrative arrangements of the Council
- Employee matters including remuneration
- Council Policies not expressly delegated to any other committee of the Council
- Ensuring that all Council policies are maintained compliant with current regulations and kept reviewed in the context of local needs.
Aim: The aim of the Community Committee is to oversee and advise the Council on all matters relating to:
- Liaison with community groups
- Upkeep of ‘Open Spaces’
- Provision of Local Amenities
- Ensuring that the Council is kept advised of local issues, initiatives, and ideas by active involvement with community groups and communicating with the broader community Council activities
- Supporting positive Community relations through administrative agencies such as the local Police, the District Council and other groups such as the Good Neighbour scheme
- Communication with the Community and media including the local press, the Parishioner magazine, and maintenance of the Council Web site.
- Management and monitoring of work performed by the Council’s Grounds Maintenance Contractor(s) and other persons on Open spaces including Cemetery [and for Grass cutting works only in the Church yard]
- Inspection and good upkeep of equipment in the Play Area and the Village Dip in accordance with recognised health and safety standards and other legislation
- Ensuring that Open Spaces are maintained in good order and kept free of litter, rubbish, or other obstruction
- Performing the Council’s responsibility of ‘Tree Warden’
- Upkeep of allotments and collection of monies from tenants
- Maintenance of Bus Shelters including their cleanliness and structural soundness
- Provision and general maintenance of Street Litter and Dog Waste Bins; and
- Generally ensuring that other public and community bodies concerned with local amenities perform their services in accordance with the needs of the community